ASFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RSS feeds

Social bookmarking

Bookmark and share the address of ASFA on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of ASFA on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 100 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:29 am

asfa rules

2 posters

Go down

asfa rules Empty asfa rules

Post  gorilla balls Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:55 am

Most of the prospective new rulings being tabled for the AGM look fair enough and I don't think will create too many objections. However, I do feel sometimes the ASFA needs to consider the needs of the top few divisions separately from those of the rest of the league.

In the lower divisions ring ins are part and parcel of the game. We all know it takes place and as long as it's not abused i.e. bringing in premier league players nobody really minds. Why should I or anyone else care whether the short, fat, bald guy playing on the left wing is registered or not? Someone questioned on the forum last year about the need for cards in the lower divisions. I totally agree with this viewpoint, so much administrative time and energy goes into cards when nobody gives a .... hoot. In summer 7a-side there's no cards, guess what? ... the world didn't come to an end - teams just go out, enjoy their game and go back for a beer.

The other one I'm surprised to see is the fuss over uniforms. First of all if teams wearing the same sox only bothers the administrators not the players then the administrator has got to question why he's put up his hand to take his position. Is it to improve the enjoyment of the game for the players? If not then what's it for? Also on Finals Day there was a team wearing different shirts with members of the Exec on the sideline watching the game and nothing was said ... it was all smiles when the trophy was handed over to them but I suppose it only matters when no ones around to see it.

gorilla balls

Back to top Go down

asfa rules Empty ring ins?

Post  raw Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:08 am

im one of the ring ins gorilla appreciate your support mate  Very Happy 

raw

Back to top Go down

asfa rules Empty Regulation enhancements

Post  ASFA Sec Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:25 pm

Thanks for your constructive comments, Gorilla Balls.

As for uniform, it is a FIFA rule that all teams should wear matching shirts, shorts & socks. It is about being part of a team; why would you want to wear different parts of a strip than your team mates? Uniform colour for shirts and socks is to aid the referee in making decisions correctly. If each team is complying with the rules then they should have a full strip with matching colours for shirts & socks, that is different to their oppositions. (I didn't see which team you refer to at Finals Day last year, but we can tell all the teams until we're blue in the face what is required of them but you do get the odd team... "You can lead a horse to water etc etc etc...")

Now that we are going to be utilising Face book more and more for match reports etc perhaps each ASFA team can create their own FB page and have full squad photo's posted on there. That way, opposition teams can see on the day of their game whether unregistered players are being used. That would give some transparency. However, any team intentionally wanting to deceive by using ringers won't create an FB page with photo's on it, so maybe the Exec can target those who don't have a Face book page! Just a thought...

ASFA Sec
ASFA Sec
ASFA Sec

Back to top Go down

asfa rules Empty ringers

Post  gorilla balls Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:36 am

Thanks ASFA Sec for your response.

I don't think most teams deliberately goes out to deceive with ringers it's simply a case of practicalities on a Sunday morning when you find - as I have - as many as 5 players pull out for various reasons. And I'm not sure that teams should be penalised for trying to put 11 players on the field rather than default games. As I say, in more competitive divisions things maybe different but in the lower divisions registration seems a bit redundant.

I like the **** idea but I doubt whether it will work in practice. Every year we take a team photo at the start of the year and by the end of the season the team always looks quite different.

gorilla balls

Back to top Go down

asfa rules Empty Re: asfa rules

Post  FeeFah Rulez Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:38 pm

On the topic of FIFA rules.
I trust you will ensure that ALL of your referees know the FIFA rules you allude to. Year in year out the same situation where some refs are excellent and some (the same ones over and over again) make up their own rules. May I ask how ASFA ensures that the appointed chap in black is up to speed? I agree, in the lower divs if someone has yellow fluo spandex under a blue team shorts who the duck cares... I had to wear my glasses one game because I lost my contact lenses and was told by one referee I couldn't play... apparently it was against the rules. This is ludicrous.
As for upper vs lower divs and cards. Its in the lower divs where some idiots in some teams throw punches, perform leg breaking challenges and shout profanities etc. Without the deterrant of a proper referee these incidents detract from a nice Sunday runaround. The masters division seems less angry than div 5 and 6... but having team managers like ManuStu referee their own teams matches only causes aggrevation.
Dribbler

FeeFah Rulez

Back to top Go down

asfa rules Empty Ringers

Post  Old boy Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:36 am

I'm sick of sunday run around being used of as an excuse!

Rules are rules!!!!!!!!!!!

I play in the lowest of the divisions ( Masters ) and I hate the fact that other teams bring in ringers. It's not only because they are short of players but also because we smashed them in the 1st round so they get ringers to compete in the 2nd round. One opposition player told me that he was only asked to come along because his team were playing us.

We also had a few guys out but we made sure our ringers were players that we registered at the start of the season. Its simple. We all know that we will struggle for numbers during the season so register all your players ( including possible ringers ) at the start of the season. Then there will be no issues.

One stupid rule that ASFA has is a cap on players a team can register. ASFA can help this situation of ringers by not putting a cap on player numbers. We should be allowed to register as many players as we want. 20, 30 , 40. Who cares. The point is they they should be registered. That's all!

One good rule that we had when I played Saturday league was that a team could get cover from another one of it's teams ( from the same club ) if they were short of players. This also means that if one team has too many fit and available players for that weekend then they can send a couple of their players to cover for or get a run for another one of it's club teams.
Granted that this will only help clubs with multiple teams.

As for uniforms etc...refer to my earlier statement....rules are rules!
My wish for ASFA is that it grows even bigger (more teams ) and remain a well organised competition. The days of ASFA being simply a Business House League are long gone. The last thing I want is for ASFA to become some have fun and kick around league.

Stick to the FIFA rules ASFA. But try to be flexible with them and help teams so that that can keep putting out a side every week and for years to come. An example would be, FIFA rules state that only three substitutions can be made during a game. But we are flexible with that rule and allow rolling subs in the masters league. Something like that. Well you get the picture.

I wouldn't want to be a team manager. What a pain in the you know what. Who the hell in this day and age has to mail the team card. Heard of e-mail ASFA? Or come up with a format that is more up to date.

Finally...if you are playing against ManUstu's team and his team is attacking, and the ball goes over the goal line. DO NOT STOP! He will not give a goal kick to your team and his team will carry on playing and may get a goal.  scratch Evil or Very Mad 

Old boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Whackytabaccy Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:30 pm

Is the wafting smell of weed at Greenhithe masters division home games within FIFA rules?

Whackytabaccy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down